Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello Friend

I feel like I should put a disclaimer or a warning before today's post...Bright colors ahead!  

No, these are not my usual neutrals and earthy tones.  I had to physically restrain myself from adding some black matting.  I'm glad I did though, I love this card, bright colors and all.

The challenge at The Play Date Cafe (PDCC 128) is to blame for the brightness.  :)  


I started by painting watercolor paper with LuminArte's Twinkling H2O's (pink azalia, yellow rose and orange peach) for the background.   I absolutely love these paints and the wonderful shimmer they have.  Then I stamped the dress (Impression Obsession) with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The background dry embossing plates are from Sizzix ( ornate swirls) and Cuttlebug flowers.  Brads are from Karen Foster and ribbon is from Offray.  The sentiment is from my other absolute favorite thing SRM stickers.  They are my first go to thing when I'm looking for a sentiment.

I distressed the heck out of everything with my Tonic distresser.

Thanks for braving the bright colors with me...happy Friday!
Ivanka

8 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is gorgeous - love the bright - have to dig my Twinking H2O's out and try this.

Did your headache go away?

Barb Housner

Kara Lynne said...

What a gorgeous play on the color challenge! I loved the white and pink textured background and the washed look with that beautiful stamp!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card Ivanka! Love the stamp and your embossing! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week.

~amy~ said...

Oh I LOVE bright colors...this is magnificent!

Patrice said...

Love the bright colors!

Alicia said...

I NEED that Tonic Distresser. Your card is bright and fabby! Thanks for sharing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a very sharp design. Blessings!

Stacy said...

Very pretty card, love the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!