Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Autumn Blessings Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my stop on the Autumn Blessings Blog Hop at CardSwaps.  The crop runs from November 16-19, 2011 so I hope you make some time to come by and join in the fun...and get in the running for some fun prizes.

You should have arrived here from Teresa's blog. If not, you should consider starting the hop from the beginning, which is Lora's blog.  This blog hop has a theme. The theme is: I have been blessed! 


I'd like to share one of my blessings by starting with this plain old American Greetings card.  I recently received it from a patient and his wife...and it made me realize the blessing my nursing has been to me.  I have not always been in love nursing, it was just a job.  Sometimes a hard and thankless job.  But this card made me truly pause and think about this 'job' of mine.
Nursing has given me a job through 3 provinces, allowed me to work casual part time when my girls were small, make amazing life long friends, and it has allowed me to touch lives and make a difference, as in the case of this family.  All of this insight brought on by a plain old American Greetings card!  It probably one of the most meaningful cards I've ever received.


The project that I'm sharing today is a set of coasters that I made for our Canadian Thanksgiving in October.


The coasters are from the $ store.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment onto the coaster with Maya Road ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It was an easy and fun project.

Next you are hopping over to Jane's blog.
If you get lost on the hop, here is the list where you can find yourself again. 


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Hope you enjoy the rest of the hop.

Ivanka

14 comments:

Tina said...

That is such a great idea! Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Lora3677 said...

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it. It's amazing how much a plain ol' American Greetings card can make you realize. The impact on others lives is rarely fully realized.

Great idea with the coasters. How fun would that be to set the table with. :) Great Christmas idea, too. Hmmmm...

Susan said...

Awesome idea Ivanka. Love your coasters. I need to go check out my $ store and see what I can find.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story, Ivanka. How heart warming to discover that your job was also your calling.

Doctors may diagnose, prescribe and operate, but tender-hearted nurses are the hands, eyes and voices who facilitate healing.

What a clever project to make those coasters. Your creativity is inspiring and they turned out beautifully.

You are a blessing to me for being a fellow Canadian. I love our American friends, but it is nice to rub shoulders with another Canuck on the Card Swaps forum.

Blessings,
Teresa

Unknown said...

very nice idea
like this very much thank for showing

terrie said...

I like the big words on your card...
it sure make a statement...
I also like your coaster...
well done..tfs

Jane said...

I love this idea! I need to go and find these. Thanks for sharing your story and glad you have joined us at Cardswaps.
Hugs

Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Let me try this again, I appreciate your post. It's easy for me to get caught up in, ''how cute can I make this card/scrapbook page?'' That i overlook what matters - a handwritten note or just getting my pictures in albums my kids can look at - my kids don't care about the fancy embellishments. Thanks for reminding me what really matters. :-)

Judy said...

Ivanka thank you for sharing your story. I think nurses are some of the most awesome people in the world. It can't be an easy job, but must be very rewarding. Your coasters are great!

Golda said...

What a fun project! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself and your talent.

nanavf said...

That is a wonderful project. My daughter-in-law is from Canada, so I know about their Thanksgiving day. I agree with Lora that the coasters would make good Christmas gifts.

Conniecrafter said...

Glad to hear you have recieved the recognition for all the hard work you put in, I am sure you make a world of difference in alot of people's lives but aren't not told often enough.
cute idea with the coasters!