Thursday, January 21, 2010

CPS #150 and Old Stuff Challenge

Hard to believe that it's Thursday already. This week has just flown by.

I finally got to create today, the sun was shining, but it's still cold. Perfect day to stay in and have some fun.

I made this card for a friend using CPS sketch #150. I love these Bo Bunny papers and journaling block. Such pretty colors and patterns. The flowers are from Prima, silver flowers are from Jolee's. And I just love how the Textile Texture embossing folder looks on the shiny paper.

I also recently came across the Tombow Blog and they are giving away great prizes for using their products. Since I am addicted to my MONO Adhesive Dots roller, I thought I'd enter these cards into the draw. I also got to use my new MONO Glue Pen for the small silver flowers.

The next 2 cards are for Teri Anderson's Old Stuff Challenge and Caardvarks Red Heart Challenge. The minute I came across Teri's challenge to use old stuff, I started digging through my stash for those old papers that have survived every purging. I found quite a few. Not sure why, but there are those certain pieces of paper that I just can't part with.

And this 7 Gypsies paper (from 2003, anyone remember it?) has been saved from purging many, many times. I'm so happy to finally give it new life. 7 years is long enough to hide out in the scrap box, I think.
The beautiful felt hearts are from Dolores Etsy shop. I love, love, love these! They are such sweet little creations. I have no idea how she has the patience to work on these little beauties, but I'm so glad she does. The rub on sentiment is from QuicKutz. Also something I've had in my stash for a few years now.

The chipboard on this card is from Scenic Route.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm off to find more old stuff to play with. With CHA this weekend, I need to make room for some new stuff!!
Ivanka

7 comments:

Gloria said...

love the black and white with a touch of red!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ivanka!
I dig your cards! So glad you were able to take part in the challenge.

Teri

Anonymous said...

I need to go find that use your old stuff challenge - since i have been doing that this week.

Great cards.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous cards, the felt hearts are my favourite!

mueppi said...

Two gorggeous cards!
I love them both!!
Hugs Gisela

Joanna said...

LOVE the flower one!! EAUTIFUL!!! So many layers and details... awesome! TFS!

Amy C said...

Such beautiful cards!!