Monday, April 20, 2009

A Bouquet of Challenges...

So not having had any creating time lately, I have felt quite rusty. When this morning brought with it rain, I snuck away to my studio and did some creating. To help the juices flowing and clear out the cob webs, I visited a bunch of challenge/sketch sites for some inspiration. Here's what today brought...

The first one is for Laura's sketch 24 at 2S4Y.



Here I used Cosmo Cricket paper (love it!!) which I bought last week in Edmonton, Scenic Route journaling die cut, K&Co. flower, Offray ribbon, Anna Griffin stamp and Cuttlebug script embossing folder.

This one is for the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. The challenge is to use 2 embossing folders and make the card with a nature theme. I used the Tiny Bubbles and Script folders. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket again, cardstock is from Bazzill, sentiment is from One Heart, One Mind and I used it on vellum, flower is from K&Co. For the stem of the flower I used trim that I just got in Edmonton as well, but I have no idea who makes it. I used Fiskars treading water punch to finish off the bottom edge.



These two cards were made for Card a liscious. The challenge is to make a thank you card that incorporates polka dots, stripes and the color pink. The images are from Crafty Secrets, rub on is from Reminisce, trim is from Making Memories, flowers are from Prima, striped paper is from K&Co., scallop die is from QuicKutz. The purple dot paper is from BoBunny, it's double sided, heavy weight and tons of fun to work with.

The last one for today is for Our Creative Corner where the challenge was to use something recycled on your card. I used a paint chip that has been lying around since our basement reno in the winter (we didn't use any of these colors). The patterned paper is from 7 Gypsies, argyle Cuttlebug folder using Coredinations cardstock, One Heart One Mind sentiment, May Arts twine, button.
It has been a fun day and a great way to start the week. Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

Yeah - that was one productive/creative day - love all your cards.

Barb

Jenn K said...

All of those cards are great!! Thanks so much for joining me on the cuttlebug challenge blog.

~dawne said...

Wow...you've been busy & they're all so wonderful. Great job w/each & every one, but I'm especially lovin' the Cosmo Cricket.

Wendi said...

Wow!! It looks like you didn't stay rusty for long! :o) Beautiful cards Ivanka.

Laura Davis said...

Ivanka
You have been super busy! Beautiful creations. I love the fresh green in the card you made for 2S4Y!
Laura

Savitri said...

Wow! Just super cute cards!!! I love the flowers and the Cosmo Cricket paper IS awesome.

Shemaine Smith said...

Wow! These are beautiful!! i came to check out your 2 Sketches card and there was so much more eye candy!!!

AUsome mom said...

Gorgeous creations - all of them. I LOVE the CC papers in the 2S4U card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Ivanka - all of your cards are beautiful!!! You've been busy!!! Love how you added the paint chip sample to your card - awesome idea!!!

Thank you for playing the OCCC with us!!! ~S~

ohradiogirl said...

Very nice cards! I like your take on the 2S4Y sketch.

Daniela Dobson said...

Stunning work!

cnelson said...

perfectly beautiful cards!

claudia shadler said...

very cute card! I like your Mother's Day card!

Clouds :D

Angelnorth said...

Wow, you definitely got back to creating in a big way! Love your take on the 2S4Y sketch and your textured CBug challenge card is lovely. Nice use of the paint chip on the masculine one, too!

Mrs J said...

Wow, that was one creative session! Gorgeous cards, all of them, but I especially love your card for Jenn's challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges. Thanks for playing along!
Hugs Mrs Jx